Chicago Sports Books

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Everett Golson Looking to Play Basketball for the Irish after Title Game


A lot of people would be satisfied with being a starting quarterback in the national championship game. Not Notre Dame's Everett Golson. Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times says the Fighting Irish quarterback wants to be a point guard too.

"Obviously, basketball is my love," Golson said Friday. "That's what I love. But my primary right now is football."

"Golson said he has talked with coach Mike Brey about playing basketball for the Irish," Lazerus writes, "but nothing really came out of it."

"I'd like to say I would like to have the chance of playing basketball someday here," he said. "But like I said, football is my primary, and what I'm focused on right now is the national championship."

"Golson led Myrtle Beach (S.C.) High to a state basketball championship as a freshman starting point guard in 2008," Lazerus writes. "He was an all-state pick as a junior after averaging 19.6 points, 5.0 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Links